Saturday, February 13

Midway Cafe

It's official!  The tour has begun.  Wednesday night Chris and I Sang our hearts out to a crowd of my closest friends at the Midway Cafe in JP.


We spent about four hours beforehand rehearsing together at Amanda's apartment, making set lists, packing gear and trying to figure out what to wear on stage.  In spite of threats of an 8 inch snow storm, a good 30 or so folks came to listen.  Thanks to everyone who came!  It was great for me to play my first show with some of my biggest fans.  Your heckles were all well placed, you seemed to enjoy when I forgot the words and liked when I sang the slide solo on heartbreak blues.  S'good to have friends.  And it's a lot of fun seeing you wear my tour t shirts, thanks for buyin'em.  Now I'm ready to brave the unknown climates of our fair nation, to sing songs to strangers and try to let my creative mind go wild.  Last night Chris and I had a great conversation where we started thinking about how to present our collective act as a Middle Eastern man and a man from the western US.  It feels like being on the cutting edge of something.

Next stop: Greenfield on Sunday with a 2PM show.  Today I need to finish finding a homes for my remaining belongings (it's like having 4 homes!  My crap is everywhere.)  After Greenfiled, Montpellier on Tuesday the 16th, Biddeford ME on Thursday the 18th and then back to Boston for our Dorchester show on the 19th.  Then, southern US here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment