Tuesday, September 7

Chiapas

As I make my way farther south in Mexico I often think of one of my favoirte Chris Sand songs, "Belmopan is Belmopan":

Mexico city
is a lotus land
and Veracruz
it is a candystand
and Chiapas...
it is a desperate man...ay...
but Belmopan is Belmopan.

I haven't written any new songs in a while but have found new creative outlets, like poetry and list making.  Yeah, for some reason I feel inspired to make really great lists.  I played a guitar for the first time in a month yesterday - my calouses are all gone.

I just left a very poor rural area where I was taking language classes.  The landscape was lush and green (it being the rainy season), the air smelled of burning wood which reminded me of New England.  I have four more minutes at this internet cafe computer in San Cristobal where am now staying for a few days.  Next stop, Guatemala.

No comments:

Post a Comment