Monday, February 18

Shotgun Singer

Kris Delmhorst is my favorite local musician by a long shot.  I first met her in 1999 when I was a waiter at Bella Luna restaurant and she would play a weekly gig in the corner alcove.  I still remember moving the table and chairs out of the way and her playing songs from her first album - a cassette tape, if you can believe it.  It was the best demo tape I'd ever heard and I've been a major fan ever since.  She's a poet par excellence.  Her long awaited new album, Shotgun Singer, is about to drop.  And it's gonna be nice.  Ania, Elizabeth, Amanda, Andy and I went to her last boston show on valentines day, which was f@*#ing great.  Here's a clip of her from that show opening with a cover of Tina Turner's What's Love Got To Do With It (definitely wade through the first minute of crappy sound and visual, it gets better):





This next song is called Blue Adeline, from the new album (I was better with the handycam at this point.)

No comments:

Post a Comment