Saturday, April 10

West Texas


I've been a reluctant blogger; actually the truth is I wrote three posts that I didn't publish because I didn't like them.  Which I realize is dumb because I know you all would have preferred my bad posts to no posts at all.  On top of that, another thing that slows me down is that I'm kind of a perfectionist and Blogger is really clunky when it comes to layout...for example every time I try to upload photos they end up all crooked with the text spacing funny.  Well I'm trying a new method, using a program that does all the photo uploading for me so hopefully this will encourage me to post more (and make it so posting doesn't take 2 hours).

I've just left the west Texas desert, where I was for three days or so.  Well, three days in the open desert and another 5 days in the town of Marfa, where Chris and I played our last show.  Chris flew back to North Dakota (on sunday) to minister his friend Dale's farewell celebration (see Chris's blog for more details on all of this) and I'm currently in El Paso (in the bed of my truck, lying on a mattress, stealing wifi off of the hyatt I'm parked outside of) on my way to visit friends in Santa Fe tonight.  I've been sleeping in my truck for about 5 days, starting tomorrow I move indoors as I make stops in New Mexico, Colorado, South Dakota and finally Dunn Ctr. North Dakota where I'll see Chris's home for the first time.

Below are some pictures of the west TX plain, the last one is an abandoned prairie house I investigated.  Last week I mentioned to Chris that I was interested in the hobby of 'urban exploration' and he reminded me of the pleasures of 'rural exploration'.




No comments:

Post a Comment