Sunday, July 11

July Update

Whew!  So much has happened since my last post.  Here's a recap:

After a great month in Seattle (living with friends, doing some interesting volunteer work) I spent a week in Denver with another dear friend.  Then back to Boston to see people and handle some things.  After that I drove to Great Spruce Head Island in Maine, where my old pal Barney and I cooked (with no electricity on only a wood stove) for an artist retreat for a week:

A lunchtime spread
Stove and oven
Making savory pastries
Me and Barn


Unfortunately I managed to get bit by a dear tick while home in Boston, which turned into Lyme disease while I was working on the island.  And incredibly, Barney got bit too!  We were both miserably sick, but we got through it together - and once we got antibiotics we were on the mend.  This is one of the worst Lyme seasons on record so learn from me, freinds: check for ticks.  

Then I flew back to Seattle, picked up my truck, bid my friends farewell and drove (with a guy I found on Craigslist) to Los Angeles, where I am now visiting another friend.  Monday I'll start driving to Texas where I'll visit family, leaving my truck with them.  Then on July 27th I fly to Mexico City where I'll stay for a week.  From there I'll visit other parts of Mexico and Guatemala and maybe other Latin American countries.  In some places I have contacts, family, friends of friends, in others I'll just show up.  

1 comment:

  1. That food looks like solid gold. -Sandpan

    ReplyDelete