Sunday, February 14

Greenfield, MA

This morning Sandman and I scrambled to pack up my green Toyoto Tundra, making last minute decisions about what to take and what to ditch.  I left my winter gloves and hat (since we're mostly heading southward for lovely warm weather) and now I'm underdressed in western MA.  Greenfield is beautiful, the evening sky was a cloudy electric blue.

Our show was a lot of fun; we're staying at Chris' friends Dan and Shira's house for the night.  Dan and his band, Daniel hales, and the frost heaves (preceded by a fun harmonizing duo) played before Chris and I; I played two songs and then accompanied Chris on two songs.  In the middle I interviewed a group of teens on my flip video camera who unanimously agreed that the show rocked.  Then I realized we left $500 worth of tour posters sitting on the curb for the whole duration of the show.

Here's Chris playing "Damascus" - it's a new song, not on any album yet.



At the very end I met a young woman named Tisarra, who walked in with her guitar strapped on her back.  She said she'd been playing for a few months and was in the middle of writing her first song and she let me record it:



Our interview got cut off when my video cam died - she's about to say that she's from New Jersey but she moved up to western MA.  Chris noticed that she had a CrimethInc sticker on her guitar - that's the label that his new album is on.

Then tonight Dan and Shira invited me to make a persian meal which we just ate - lamb stew with eggplant, pickles, thick yoghert, shirazi salad and crunchy bottom rice (tah-dig chelo). Wasn't half bad.


1 comment:

  1. fyi, crimethinc. isn't actually putting out my new cd. they're just helping me with assembling the artwork. they did put out long walk home, tho.

    ReplyDelete