Monday, February 22

Ford Wagon

It's almost 1AM and we just finished our show: another great one. The truck crisis took an incredible turn tonight; more on that tomorrow. Sleep beckons...

***time warp***

It's the next day (well two days later; 2AM in Washington DC) - the new truck development went as follows:

 at our Che's lounge show in Vineyard Haven I was about to go on stage...when I looked over and saw an old friend - well a family member really.  Sharon's dad was my stepfather for most of my teen years, a wonderful man named Gene.  Anyhow, she caught our show and we spent the night catching up...and after she heard about truxplosion 2010 she told us she had an '66 Ford Falcon Family Wagon that had been sitting in her and Mic's driveway for two years - and that we could have it if we wanted.






As you can see, it's a beauty.  It killed Chris and I to have to turn her generous offer down.  But it needed a little more work than we were prepared to put into it.  Now Sharon is investigating other car possibilities for us, which I appreciate so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment