Saturday, February 20

Hog Farm, Seed Pod

Our last two shows represented a major breakthrough for me.  I've finally started to loosen up on stage, feel the music, see the crowd.  The Hog Farm Annex in Biddeford Maine was the best place ever.  Coco and Gil, the couple who run it took incredible care of us - feeding us jumbelaya and muffelatea (a meat sandwich) and put us up for the night in their incredible farmhouse (formally an actual hog farm).  They also run this cool store in Biddeford called Loving Anvil (and they sell Mary Robbins' shirts - the woman who made my tour shirts (see this old entry.)

Gil and Coco are also fine artists; I didn't get a chance to see Coco's work (that I know of) but Gil's paintings are some of the most exciting pieces of art I've seen.  Here are a few I really like:
And this is their daugher Chloe; she's six and plays in a band called Sparklefive.
My set at Hog Farm Annex
We're playing three shows with Senayit Tomlinson (next stop DC...
if we can get there without my truck...) Senayit is an amazing singer and songwritier with a gorgeous fingerpicking style:
Senayit and her daughter Koki
Sandman, rockin' it
We do a few of his hits together
I cooked a persian dinner (with Chris as sous chef) for Senayit, her husband Jeff, her daughter Koki and her mom Sally in Orfard NH
And a few photos from the (awesome) Seed Pod coop show last night in Dorchester.
My friend Ayisha and I communicating on paper (since I don't speak sign language)
And finally the incredible Elizabeth Saunders who put the show on, got Sandman and I paid a nice sum AND managed to come up with quite a bit of extra money to give to our friend Pete's non profit AIDG 
who is involved in the Haitian relief effort.
What a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment